To insure the longest wear possible on all mattresses and box springs, all mattresses should be rotated. This requires that the mattress be physically rotated on the bed so that the wear from body pressure is spread evenly around the mattress set.
To complete this process please see that:
- Mattresses are turned every 90 days. Numbering the ends of the mattresses 1 to 4 and requiring the same number to be up at the top left hand side of the bed each quarter is the simplest method.
- January, February and March – 1
- April, May and June – 2
- July, August and September – 3
- October, November and December – 4
- Turn box springs twice a year using a similar method
All rotation of mattresses should be recorded on a log sheet and this log sheet should be maintained in the Executive Housekeepers office. It should always be available for inspection and for many franchised hotels this log is a requirement of the quality inspection they perform for your hotel.